GGCA Monthly Meeting: Encampments & Affordable Housing
When: Wednesday, Oct 11, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join GGCA and City staff to hear how Golden Gate is impacted by the City’s plans for encampments and new state funding for affordable housing.
- Encampments: Katie Derrig, will explain how her social services organization, Operation Dignity, works on the ground for the City to reduce encampment occupation.
- Affordable housing: City’s strategic planning staff, Ed Manasse, Laurissa Wells, and Devan Reiff will present the City’s plans to:
- – Streamline the application review process for Secondary Units and new housing development
- – Implement new state policies (SB 2, 3, 35, and 1000) to make housing more affordable
- – Develop new types of “missing middle” housing, a range of clustered single-family homes in urban areas